Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My coffee shop experience with the new laptop

So, you are probably wondering why I am bothering to write a blog about sitting in a coffee shop with a laptop, because thousands upon thousands of people do this and it's nothing new.



I did mention I was a dork, right?



This is my first laptop ... it's actually "our" laptop, but for the time being, it's mine ... and I've decided that when she is with me her name is Zoe. Don't ask ... I name stuff. Probably because I talk to them and it makes sense they have a name: the mac is Penelope, the cellphone is Trudy, the car is Echo. Since I have to share this laptop - hence the "our" - she will have to have multiple personalities, because she is Zoe when we hang out.



I can hear the Husband protesting before he even reads this. hee hee!!



Anyways, off topic. I am sitting in a coffee shop for the first time ever with my new laptop.



I feel SUPER COOL!! YEAH!



I brought it with me today to do research for the ever-evolving, mostly procrastinated business plan that I need to be writing if I ever want to find out if I can work for myself full-time - a mind bogging concept.



Of course I ended up checking my facebook and responding to emails, and blogging about it.



Not sure why, but the laptop intimidates me. Like a newborn baby with a rolling head, I think I'm afraid of breaking it, dropping it, dumping water or coffee on it, pushing the wrong buttons, etc. Not that I want to dump coffee on a newborn baby. That reads funny.



The more I use it, the more comfortable I will become. Zoe and I are going to have some fun together.



Off to be productive.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Turtle. You make me so proud. You also make me think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12JTDp6xm18

    ReplyDelete